Monday, October 22, 2007

Sin Documentos

"Dejame atravesar el viento sin documentos, Que lo hare por el tiempo que tuvimos. . ."

The song, Sin Documentos, originally released by Los Rodriguez in 2002, has recently become my favorite song by Julieta Venegas. In fact, when I heard it on her new album, Lîmon y Sal, I had no idea it was someone elses!

The substitution of the guitar by her famous accordion, genius! But the REAL point of my story is this: The song has now been "Guitar-Heroed."

Two weeks ago, on a trip to one of the many weddings in Hermosillo, we went out to a bar and saw that they were having a Guitar Hero contest. I thought, huh, maybe they have a new Spanish version? Nope. My GH fanatic-boyfriend had to play "Freya" to hundreds of people who barely knew the lyrics.


Alex playing at Gato Pollo Live House in Hermosillo, Sonora.

Then, last week, he called me so excited about "the new Spanish song on the game." When I heard what song it was, I was confused. . . "There's no guitar in that song. . ." but also quite surprised that the people Harmonix, the makers of the game, acknowledged that many many Spanish speaking people actually play GH.
Well, kudos to them. I'm sure fans everywhere can appreciate the music, no matter what language it's in or if the guitar is replaced by an accordion.

Here's a video of someone else playing the song on Guitar Hero, courtesy of "machineofadream" on You Tube:

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

Why the eff does everyone like this game?