Monday, October 15, 2007

Alley Cats

Shoot me now, I went to Los Angeles for a journalism conference this weekend and I FORGOT my CAMERA.

Have no fear, I'm loading this post with a bunch of links so you can kind of to retrace my steps.

Back to my story:
After a long night at the Millennium Biltmore in downtown L.A, I decided to wake up at what seemed like dawn and take a walk outside (I don't really recommend this for young ladies who are alone and don't know where they're going). Per my own recommendation, I recruited an other University of Arizona student, Evan Pellegrino, to go with me.

And we're off. For being on completely different levels, me on a mission, he just trying to survive his hangover, we made pretty good time to the Fashion District. There it was, Santee Alley. If you've ever seen downtown Nogales, this is way more crazy and culture shock-ish (take the tour and you might get what I mean).

I was pretty oblivious to this until I saw Evan's face, cigarette almost falling off his bottom lip and his eyes just staring at a purple suit with a $49.99 price tag on it. I swerved in and out of the "stores" looking for gifts for my sisters, but he just calmly waited outside and peered into the shops like a nervous boy who doesn't want to touch anything.

I used my bartering skills and ended up with more things than I could carry. With his help, we stopped by a hot dog vendor, bought pretty much everything but hotdogs, and went on our merry way.

Here's a blog I found with nice pictures that look like what I would have taken pictures of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the back link!!

Gabriel said...

FYI...the links for your blog buddies don't work. If you check the URL they are all entered in incorrectly. How could you do that to me?